“…I first off wanted to say, WOW!…”
At ESL Red Deer you can take Speaking classes to practice for the speaking section of IELTS General or IELTS Academic language proficiency tests. You can also use our speaking correction service.
Your classes can be online or in our classroom. Most of our speaking practice classes for IELTS classes are one-on-one with a tutor.
Technical Requirements for Online Speaking Classes
To take an online speaking class, you need a full-sized monitor and speakers. You can use a laptop, an iPad, or a computer monitor.
For much of the class your tutor will share her screen so that you can talk about pictures, work through exercises, and follow examples.
The small size of phone screens makes it very difficult for you to participate in your class fully.
A Typical IELTS Conversation Class
The IELTS conversation class is the same for both General and Academic students.
IELTS Conversation classes are available both in our classroom and online.
During your IELTS conversation class, your tutor will use prompts from the speaking section of an IELTS exam. You will work through sections 1 to 3.
* In section 1 you’ll practice introducing yourself and answering some simple questions about your life experiences
* In section 2 you’ll practice identifying the ‘who’, what’, ‘where’, ‘when’, ‘why’ and ‘how’ of a given topic
* In section 3 you’ll practice providing well-developed responses to increasingly abstract questions
Depending on your readiness for the test we may suggest taking a couple of classes to review some of your weaker or missing structures that you need for your desired score.
If you’re preparing for IELTS, please don’t hesitate to use us. You can take just one class or several classes. Ultimately we want you to go to your test with confidence.
Scheduling Online Speaking Classes
You can schedule your classes for the same, or different, times each week.
You can take just one class, or up to six hours of classes each week.
Classes can be scheduled Monday – Friday 10am and 9pm Mountain Time.
You can reschedule one class each week provided you let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
You can pay for your class using debit, e-transfer, credit card, Paypal, cheques, or cash.
Please call/text Angela at 403-350-8709 for more information.
Speaking Correction Sample
IELTS Speaking Correction
IELTS Speaking correction allows you to record your responses and submit your sound files for correction.
We provide feedback on your speaking files within 24 hours on business days.
Simply make your payment, upload your files, and wait for our comments, corrections, and concerns.
Typically, we use:
* red to identify corrections that you need to fix to achieve your desired score
* green for comments about things you do well and should keep doing
* purple for concerns that reveal areas of weakness you will need to strengthen to achieve your desired score
IELTS Speaking Correction Packages
Some students prefer to submit sound files for correction without taking a class.
Please note that you will need to buy our collection of 30 speaking practice tests to use our speaking correction packages.
Our IELTS Speaking correction packages include:
* Package G – Submit one full test of 3 sections for $30
* Package H – Submit two full tests of 3 sections (6 sections) for $55
* Package I – Submit three full tests of 3 sections (9 sections) for $80
When you’re ready, simply make your payment and upload you sound files.
Our Speaking Correction Service provides you with feedback and practice materials for structures that you need to use in order to achieve your score.
Speaking & Writing Correction Combos for IELTS
For students concerned about both writing and speaking we offer writing and speaking correction packages.
Our Writing and Speaking correction packages include:
* Package AI – $65 – Two IELTS writing tasks & speaking parts 1-3
* Package BI – $120 – Four IELTS writing tasks & two sets of Speaking parts 1-3
* Package CI – $195 – Six IELTS writing tasks & three sets of Speaking parts 1-3
Writing and speaking tasks can be submitted in any order and in any combination. It’s okay to submit only task 1s or 2s writing and specific speaking sections that you’re worried about.
ESL Red Deer’s English Classes offer:
#201, 4909 – 48 Street.