“…not only did I get the score I needed, but I earned a score useful in my nursing…”
IELTS Academic Writing Task 2 Topics
Below is a selection of topics for IELTS Academic writing task 2. Practice writing an essay and then send it to me for correction.
1. ‘Never, never give up’ is a common expression that means ‘keep trying and never stop working for your goals’. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
2. Why do you think some people are attracted to dangerous sports or other dangerous activities? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
3. ‘Mass communication and transportation have eroded the cultural identity of many countries.’ To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
4. While many students pursue opportunities to study abroad others prefer to remain at home. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both alternatives.
5. ‘Governments should spend more money on education and less money on space exploration.’ To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
6. Many poor countries are facing a ‘brain drain’ as their educated youth leave home for the higher salaries of richer countries. Discuss the impact that this phenomenon has on rich and poor countries, using relevant examples from your experience.
7. ‘Today’s children don’t get as much attention from their parents as children got in the past.’ To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement
ESL Red Deer’s English Classes offer:
#201, 4909 – 48 Street.