IELTS Speaking Practice
At ESL Red Deer you can take IELTS Speaking Practice classes to prepare for the speaking section of IELTS General or IELTS Academic language proficiency tests. You can also use our speaking correction service.
Our IELTS speaking practice classes are online, one-on-one with a tutor.
To take an online class, you need a full-sized monitor and speakers. You can use a laptop, an iPad, or a computer monitor.
For much of the class your tutor will share her screen so that you can talk about pictures, work through exercises, and follow examples.
The small size of phone screens makes it very difficult for you to participate in your class fully.
A Typical Class
The IELTS speaking practice class is the same for both General and Academic students.
During your IELTS conversation practice, your tutor will use prompts from the speaking section of an IELTS exam. You will work through sections 1 to 3.
* In section 1 you’ll practice introducing yourself and answering some simple questions about your life experiences
* In section 2 you’ll practice identifying the ‘who’, what’, ‘where’, ‘when’, ‘why’ and ‘how’ of a given topic
* In section 3 you’ll practice providing well-developed responses to increasingly abstract questions
Depending on your readiness for the test we may suggest taking a couple of classes to review some of your weaker or missing structures that you need for your desired score.
If you’re preparing for IELTS, please don’t hesitate to use us. You can take just one class or several classes. Ultimately we want you to go to your test with confidence.
You can schedule your classes for the same, or different, times each week.
You can take just one class, or up to six hours of classes each week.
Classes can be scheduled Monday – Friday 10am and 9pm Mountain Time.
You can reschedule one class each week provided you let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
You can pay for your class using debit, e-transfer, credit card, Paypal, cheques, or cash.
Please call/text Angela at 403-350-8709 for more information.
IELTS Speaking Correction
IELTS Speaking correction allows you to record your responses and submit your sound files for correction.
We provide feedback on your speaking files within 24 hours on business days.
Simply make your payment, upload your files, and wait for our comments, corrections, and concerns.
Typically, we use:
* red to identify corrections that you need to fix to achieve your desired score
* green for comments about things you do well and should keep doing
* purple for concerns that reveal areas of weakness you will need to strengthen to achieve your desired score
IELTS Speaking Correction Sample