“…I would not hesitate to recommend ESL Red Deer to my friends and to my countrymen…”
IELTS Listening Tips
During your IELTS listening test you need to know how to listen for specific information.
These IELTS listening tips will help you understand:
* when to listen for answers
* how to find answers
* how to fill in gaps with the right words
* how to recognize synonyms
IELTS Listening Topics
When you prepare for the IELTS listening section, you need to be comfortable listening to a lot of different topics.
Listen to a range of talks, summaries, and presentations available online including:
* Ted talks – you can listen to most Ted Talks both with and without subtitles: just click on the ‘transcript’ button. We suggest trying to understand the context first and then listening for specific words and phrases the third or fourth time.
Some 5 minute talks include:
– Less Stuff, more happiness
– Weekday Vegetarian
– How the jump rope got its rhythm
– Reading the mind is hard to do
– Try something new for thirty days
– The history of cemeteries
– Five ways to listen better
– Stress and memory
– How playing an instrument benefits your brain
* Current events
IELTS Study Materials
Before you start preparing for IELTS, your tenses need to be accurate, and your vocabulary needs to be strong.
These IELTS study materials will help you:
* increase your tense accuracy
* increase your vocabulary
* avoid getting confused by complex structures in the texts
IELTS Preparation Online
ESL Red Deer offers:
Our IELTS Preparation Online tackles the gaps in your language and helps you prepare you for the IELTS test.
You can take just one class, or you take as many classes as you need.
Please contact us to schedule a class or learn more about how we can help you prepare for your IELTS test.
IELTS Preparation – 20 Hours
The 4 skills IELTS Preparation Course is a twenty hour program spread over five weeks. Classes meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8 pm to review and practice the techniques and structures that are required to achieve a high score.
This IELTS Preparation Course covers reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
Essay correction and two hours of private speaking classes are included in the price.
Duration: 5 weeks
Group Size: 3-5 adults
Includes: 2 hours private speaking practice & essay correction
For more information please call 403-350-8709.
ESL Red Deer’s English Classes offer:
#201, 4909 – 48 Street.