Personal Statement Correction Service
Most Universities require a personal statement from students applying for further education programs.
So, whether you’re applying for upgrading in a medical, dental, or other field, you should be prepared to write one.
Our Personal Statement Correction Service can write your personal statement for you, or edit or proofread the one you have written to ensure it reflects the right parts of you for the given context.
What is a Personal Statement?
A personal statement is an essay that describes who you are, why you value the course, and why you think you are a good fit for the course.
Your statement is your first opportunity to demonstrate your fit for the course and sell yourself to the university.
“…can you add this and say it in your usual, nice way…”
How long should my Personal Statement be?
Your Personal Statement should be a page unless the the university specifies a length.
Make sure you check the guidelines.
What are they looking for?
The University wants to know:
* how the course links your past and future
* how your abilities fit with the course
* your level of interest
* the areas of expertise you’ve been exposed to
* your reasons for wanting to study with them
What should I say?
Your statement should be tailored to the specific course you’re applying to. You should talk about:
* your academic interests, career goals, abilities, passion, knowledge, and experience.
* the undergraduate courses that prepared you for this step, including any independent projects.
* any added value you offer in terms of organization, communication, time management and critical thinking.
* any grades, awards, work placements or conferences that have affected your readiness for this program.
* your career goals and how the program will help you achieve them.
Once you’ve done that, you should describe the win-win that you and the university would both gain from your attendance.
What to avoid
* grammatical errors
* spelling and punctuation errors
* unwieldy sentences
* being negative
* following online templates, namedropping, or pleading
* irrelevant content
* inspirational quotes
* needlessly flattering the university
* repeating information in the rest of your application
* using clichés, gimmicks, or humour
* procrastinating! Get your personal statement written!
We know how tough it can be to prepare a personal statement, we’ve been doing it for years.
Researching the institution’s focus, understanding the professors’ interests, writing the darn thing, and then turning it into the creamy consistency that gets you noticed can be time-consuming.
It’s really unfair of universities to require it, but they do, and we’re happy to help. We can write it for you, coach you through it, or edit or proofread what you’ve written.
Please call or text Angela 403-350-8709 to discuss your requirements.