“…the teaching methods were thorough and systematic, making the learning process most effective…”
About the CELPIP Speaking Tasks
You will complete the CELPIP speaking tasks on a computer. You will wear headphones and talk to a computer.
There are 8 CELPIP Speaking Tasks:
* advise a person about something – 90 seconds
* describe an important event in your life – 60 seconds
* describe a picture – part 1 – 60 seconds
* describe what might happen in the picture – part 2 – 60 seconds
* compare two things – 60 seconds
* resolve a difficult situation – 60 seconds
* express your opinion – 90 seconds
* describe an unusual situation – 60 seconds
CELPIP Speaking Task 1 – Giving Advice
CELPIP Speaking Task 2 – Talking about a Personal Experience
To prepare for CELPIP speaking task 2 you should practice talking about some important events in your life.
Consider events that made you feel :
* happy or exuberant
* determined or persistent
* courageous or ambitious
* compassionate or considerate
* resourceful or reliable
* practical or inventive
CELPIP Speaking Task 3 and 4 – Describing a Scene and Making Predictions
To prepare for CELPIP Speaking task 3 and 4 you should practice speaking about pictures.
These are some links to pictures with a lot of activity for you to describe.
Practice describing the picture for one minute, then practice predicting what you think might happen.
CELPIP Speaking Task 5 – Comparing and Persuading
To prepare for CELPIP speaking task 5 you should practice comparing things and people around you:
* sports facilities
* entertainment venues
CELPIP Speaking Task 6 – Dealing with a Difficult Situation
To prepare for CELPIP speaking task 6 you should practice explaining why you think something is right. You could talk about: :
* why you won’t lend your car to someone with a drinking problem.
* why you shouldn’t lend money to someone without a job.
* why your friend shouldn’t marry his or her couch potato boyfriend or girlfriend.
* why you won’t lend your lawnmower to your neighbour.
CELPIP Speaking Task 7 – Expressing Opinions
To prepare for CELPIP speaking task 7 you should practice expressing your opinion about subjects like:
* online shopping
* social media
Talk about each of these subjects in terms of advantages and disadvantages.
CELPIP Speaking Task 8 – Describing and Unusual Situation
To prepare for CELPIP speaking task 8 you should practice describing unusual situations:
* an unfamiliar game
* an unusual situation
* an odd picture
* an interesting pair of shoes
* a unique piece of furniture
* a strange building
* a crazy hairstyle
Practice describing the picture to a friend or family member on the phone.
CELPIP Speaking Youtube
CELPIP Speaking Tutor
Take a few speaking classes with a tutor and feel more confident about your speaking and getting a high score in the speaking tasks.
Call/text Angela 403-350-8709 for more information.
ESL Red Deer’s English Classes offer:
#201, 4909 – 48 Street.